In our previous post we encouraged you to have 5 roles, less is more but more is less. We think having too many roles will lead to stress and frustration. No one wants to be frustrated. We all want to make a difference. How do you make a difference in the roles that God has for you on this earth? Like a padlock on a fence, your love can be full in each of your roles.
We are well on a way to Designing Purpose. Our values help form our mission, our roles will lead to goals, and these goals will eventually make it to our calendars.
Our roles can have direction and clarity. Consider the following as it relates to our roles:
CHILD OF GOD ROLE:
Jesus says in Mark 12:30, “And you shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your mind and with all of your strength.”
- Heart- How will you love God with your heart?
- Soul- How will you love others with your soul?
- Mind- How will you love God with your mind?
- Strength– How will you love God with your strength?
This brings clarity to your role as a Child of God.
- Prophet– How do you lead or live with your spouse?
- Priest- How are you going to stand before God on behalf of your spouse?
- Provider – How are you going to provide for your spouse’s physical needs?
- Pal– How are you going to have fun with your spouse?
- Prophet– How will you lead or live with your kids?
- Priest– How are you going to stand before God on behalf of your children?
- Provider- How are you going to lead your kids towards independence but also meet physical needs?
- Pal- How are you going to be friends with your kids?
- Supplication- What are your needs? Work associates needs?
- Study– How are you improving yourself in your job?
- Shepherding– Who needs to have a friend, how will you bring light to your work place?
- Supervising– Who do you need to communicate with to make your company flourish?
- Supplication- Who needs prayer?
- Study- How are you sharpening yourself for discipleship?
- Shepherding- Who are you discipling?
- Supervising- Who are you leading or leading with?
Our next post will focus on fleshing these roles out in goals. We will simply build on these questions.