Scott, Joel, and Sam Sharing Their Days w/Us All
From the Heart of Allison
It is such an honor to be here getting to know this group of students and see their personalities come out. They have been so enthusiastic about every aspect of the trip!! I am loving seeing them interact over Bible passages, scream at each other over card games, and approach people in thoughtful ways in the parks initiating conversations and being good listeners. Thank you for letting them come!!
From the Heart of Dana
Ethan and I had to stay back at the hostel because he was sick on day one but on day two he was feeling much better. Thank you to all who prayed for healing for him. God hears our prayers! It has been such a joy watching the teens in action today. The girls are so courageous. I am so impressed with how enthusiastic they are about approaching strangers, listening, sharing their story and God’s story. The training times in the morning are so encouraging and challenging. Keep praying for us as we go and share with the people of New York. We appreciate your sacrificial giving and prayers that allow us to be here.
Pictures Galore- Scavenger Hunt
Rules of the Game-
- Take a Picture of a Wax Figure. (35,000)
- Take a Picture of a giant Ferris wheel. (30,000)
- Take a Picture pointing to a HUGE WORLD. (25,000)
- Hug a police officer. (20,000)
- Interview people from different cultures, get picture if you can. (25,000)
- Take a Picture from the top of the bleachers. (10,000)
- Ask someone if you can pray for him or her. (25,000)
- Take a Picture of a Ray’s Pizza sign. (20,000)
- List the number of the Hotels you see. (5,000/hotel)
- Take a Picture sampling M&M’s. (10,000)
- Take a Picture of the Most Interesting Thing Ever. (Up to 35,000)
NOTE: Bonus Points will be awarded to Pictures and Surveys of people from different cultures. (over 5 Pictures- 50,000) (Over 5 Surveys- 50,000)
As you will see from the pics below, the girls ruled! So many interviews with folks from different cultures. What a fun time yet meaningful as well. CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ONE WAS VOTED “MOST INTERESTING THING EVER”? Can you guess which one wins the “Awwwww! Award?”
MINISTRY PICTURES – Today we were in Central Park, Columbus Circle and had a ton of great conversations. We held a great bible study looking at 2 Corinthians 5;6-10 was highly encouraging. Sam Walls is found speaking to the entire group. He had a statement that was just simply great and then we used Sam and Sophie as props for a thematic illustration for understanding the judgement seat of Christ.